Old 8 Sep 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Once Upon a Time - Season One (review)

This lavish looking fantasy TV show is a bit like Disney Eastenders if the dominant theme was true love as opposed to misery. I was drawn into watching this against my will but it was if I’m completely honest better than I thought it would be. Helps that it’s packed full of beautiful people.

Disney+
The plot is intricately threaded together, a lot of thought went into this
Plenty of familiar faces - Robert Carlisle, Claire from Lost, Gus the Breaking Bad fried chicken meth baron, Jim Robinson

Disney-
Found it increasingly tiresome towards the end of the series and refusing to watch any more. I can’t imagine the premise standing up for 6 more seasons of 22 episodes that were made
Occasional CGI wobble
They may as well have gone the whole hog and stuck the Disney musical numbers in it

Rating 6/10 Sparkly. Very much not my thing but DW and DM are both into it

Muppets Now - Season 1 (review)

The Muppets more than any other Disney property seem to suffer from uneven quality. Occasionally it’s inspired but a lot of the time total dross has been put out. I really want this to work so that they can do something with the areas in Hollywood Studios. Does it work? Ish.

Disney+
Always great to see the Muppets back and an effort to keep them relevant
Miss Piggy was born to be an influencer
Love the social media intern in the last episode

Disney-
Not as funny as it should be
A couple of the sections (Cooking show, Pepe’s gameshow) really grated with me and featured almost every week

Rating 5/10 would score it lower but assuming it is at least in theory still a kids show and aimed at younger ones (like under 10). As an adult I’d happily just watch Muppet movie spoofs e.g. Muppets Hunger Games, cast Miss P as Porknis Everdene from District Swine and you’re away right?
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 07:56 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List