Old 2 Oct 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The World According to Jeff Goldblum - Season 1

A National Geographic series made for Disney+ starring the colourful and somewhat eccentric Jeff Goldblum as he explores an interesting list of topics, devoting an episode to each.

Disney+
Jeff is a charming, enigmatic presence in this, you can see people warm to him
The topics are very well chosen, idiosyncratic and generally interesting subjects
Really enjoyed the episodes on Denim, Tattoos, Ice Cream, Cosmetics and you do learn something in this
In our case, the whole family was able to enjoy

Disney-

A couple of episodes turn out dull e.g. we couldn’t get on with the Gaming one
Jeff is out there, a bit marmite, a lot of people I’m sure won’t like him in this and I feel you have to like him to watch it

Rating 7.5/10 pretty Fly for a Tall Guy

Lady and the Tramp (live action version)

A remake of the 50’s classic created for the Disney+ launch. There’s probably something in it not being given a cinema release. What can I say, it was okay. I’m not madly into these remakes of the animations but at least this one wasn’t a direct cash grab I guess.

Disney+
Our dog liked it, watching the ending closely

Disney-
At almost 2 hours this is too long, the original was a good half hour shorter and there’s no excuse for this taking so long to tell the story, flabby editing/direction
The original is charming, this didn’t need to be made IMHO

Rating 5/10 not terrible but pointless if you’ve seen the original

Latest Watchlist:

In Progress

Star Wars Rebels - Season 3
Marvel/MCU movie series (chronological order)
Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom

Planned
The Jungle Book (animated)
Cars
Hercules
The Mandalorian - Season 2
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 09:49 AM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List