Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

These are the instructions I had

Jfk to Jamaica station $5 airtrain
Sutphin blvd archer av/jfk e/j/z lirr southbound.take world trade centre bound e train get off 34th st Penn Station c/e local downtown

It is super easy to get the Subway. I assume you will be arriving in terminal 4? When you have gone through customs, simply come through the doors into the main public arrivals area and follow the terminal to your right. You will almost double back on yourself and will see the signs to Airtrain. Go down in the lift/escalator and get on the Airtrain. Take it to Sutphin Boulevard (Jamaica)... this is the end of the line. As you get off the train you will walk along into an atrium. On your left is a newsagent and some booths where you can ask for help and on your right is a bank of automated machines where you will buy your Metrocard. The cost of the Airtrain you have just used is $5 so you will need to add this to your card to be able to get through the barriers and continue your journey. The machines are really easy and most take cards and cash. Just select 'New Metrocard' then select how much you want to add to the card. There is an additional charge of $1 for the card itself and the Subway journey will cost $2.75. So, if you add $10 to each card then this will be enough to get you to your hotel that evening... you can always add more $ whenever you need to at a later date.≈

We actually bought a 10 ticket airtrain trip card and the unlimited subway tickets. The man in the newsagent kiosk was so helpful I would go to him. I was worried about buying the wrong ticket at the machine.

You must be excited looking for your trip. I enjoyed it much more than I expected and will definitely return. Have a fantastic time there !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List