Old 26 Sep 18, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) ***A COMPLETE*** 4 weeks of - A Mi11ion Dreams = 2018

Welcome back!

Or Simply Welcome if you are reading for the first time.

The earliest ever start to a trip report and you never know all of those Autumn and Winter weeks of waiting for another day to appear will be sooner than you think - well the aim is to beat the early finish for the 2017 report!

Every comment is always appreciated as it really does make me keep typing and I do try to reply to everyone with a question either on the main thread or by PM.

If you click on the Thread Tools Icon above you can subscribe to this thread and receive an alert when a new day is posted - I will ensure this index is updated with each post

Hope you enjoy the journey.

Welcome to 2018

Now there is a certain tradition in all previous reports that I list all that has gone before.

They are all contained in one central clickville here

OR

As always, In Glorious Spectromagic... I present

2018 - A Mi11ion Dreams = 2018

It is possibly impolite to add a bit of music - but it may add to your reading of this title page - and for once it does not include Bruce Springsteen!

Welcome

The Cast

Me - chief planner/ dibber and the person who has a piece of paper from a court of name versus American Airlines and proud! Click here for the detail

My DW, who simply puts up with my own desire to be in Florida, yet also knows it is her only time in the year in which she does not need any allergy medication nor an inhaler for asthma. Answers on a postcard please!
As mentioned in previous trip reports - and worthy of mention again – it is her full time working that means we can do all of this stuff. Thank you!

Eldest DS Josh 14 – Current junior club captain at the local golf club and possibly a bit peeved to be missing out on a lot of competitions that will take place during our holiday. He did get the choice! He declined instantaneously.

Youngest DS Joe 11 – and just finished Primary school. Drummer and comedian in the family
( sometimes inadvertently) his golf has improved 100% since last year so a bit of a point to prove.

Now,

A Mi11ion Dreams = 2018 might seem a rather strange trip report title.

It came in an instant during Joe’s final day at school. I had never watched The Greatest Showman, yet when the song was played in his leavers assembly, it suddenly hit me as a song that would make a great soundtrack to our holiday but it had to be our title.

It could have been a comfortable fit for every trip report I have ever written as the song resonated, it was so special to the school leavers and seemed a song that could describe every single Florida holiday.

The 11 bit in the middle follows on from the decade title last year.

The = bit is so special to all of us (something that we never expected when we set out) but something deep inside I had dreamed and it exceeded even that!

I hope you enjoy sharing it with us.

Here we go here is 2018

Pre trip Report and a bit of background to reveal too is a click here away.

The official Prologue/ Grand Depart - is here

Travel day- Wednesday 25th July 2018

'Proper Day 1 - Thursday 26th July 2018 - Miami Beach

Day 2 - Friday 27th July 2018 - Miami to St Augustine - Thanks Dale!

Day 3 - Saturday 28th July 2018 - St Augustine an historical gem of a place

Day 4 - Sunday 29th July 2018 - From St Augustine to the most Un- Magical welcome home

Day 5 - Monday 30th July 2018 - AK to MK and our toast to Geoffa.

Day 6 - Tuesday 31st July 2018 - Pandora, Thundercrack, Yak, Yeti and AK at night.

Day 7 - Wednesday 1st August 2018- Yorkshire Day! - First EVER Toy Story Land and Poison in Epcot!

Day 8- Thursday 2nd August 2018 - Magic Kingdom to Animal Kingdom to ROR to Disney Springs.

DAY 9 -Friday 3rd August - From FoP and AK to Epcot, Tutto Italia and KBD meet.

DAY 10- Saturday 4th August -Goodbye POR, Hello to a whole new adventure!

DAY 11 -Sunday 5th August - Lake Wilson Preserve, Premium parking and some shopping too

DAY 12 -Monday 6th August - Disney Golfing treat and more Outlet parking woe!

DAY 13 -Tuesday 7th August - Mr Grumpy Gills rescued by Pandora!

DAY 14- Wednesday 8th August - Gecko, Florida Mall and alternative Epcot

DAY 15 - Thursday 9th August -Magic Kingdom and the closest lightning strike ever experienced!

DAY 16 - Friday 10th August - When a Blizzard Beach idea goes wrong!

DAY 17 - Studios, parking magic, Fantasmic and TSL at night.

DAY 18 - Animal Kingdom, FoP and a fantastic Dibb meet at Miller's

DAY 19- When Magic Kingdom goes wrong - or an unlucky 13th of August

DAY 20 - Equals = The Alarm in Clearwater

DAY 21 - A farewell to Epcot and some Baymax magic!

Day 22- Magic Kingdom , Pirates and Sorcery!

DAY 23 - our very first MNSSHP
DAY 24 - A day of rest, A Dibb meet and doughnuts!

DAY 25 - Our Goodbye to Dr Jackie Ogden and Nemo.

DAY 26 - A Sci-Fi first , Slinky Dog and Fantasmic

DAY 27 - Nearly a soggy ending and our last night in Orlando.

DAY 28/29 and 30 - our Long Walk Home

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 01:43 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List