View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jen3675 View Post
Loved reading this! Would be interested to have a running budget!
I've quite enjoyed writing it. I love reading back through the trip report I did for our honeymoon now and again so thought a trip report would be a great way to capture our first proper holiday with the kids. God knows how long it will take me to write it though!

Budget: well as you probably read at the start this was supposed to be a fairly budget trip However, it has become fairly eye watering but only because ever since I retuned to work from paternity leave just after I booked the first part of this holiday I have been really lucky that there has pretty much been as much overtime available at work as I want. It isn't usually so freely available so I have smashed it and been adding to the holiday fund as I went. I have pretty much worked 8 in and 1 off since then and have only starting letting up in the last month or so now that the holiday is just about covered. I just hope I haven't made a rod for my own back as this holiday would be impossible to replicate even every other year

At the moment the overall cost is £11,260.20.
This includes everything from flights, hotels, villas with pool heating, Full size SUV, all our park tickets, MNSSHP, airport parking, the second hand push chair etc. We are budgeting £4000 for spending money in addition to the above which I think will be plenty for food, fuel, parking and a few treats for the kids while we are there. We do intend to have a few bottles of wine or cocktails the first week on site although we are not big drinkers. Now that I have come this far I won't skimp on a few quid here and there whilst we are there so if we go over that by a bit then I won't worry much.

The only things that will tothe overall cost are a couple of things I still have my eye on... HEA Dessert Party and an Illuminations cruise
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress

Edited at 03:13 PM.
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List