Thread: Park questions
View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Simba and nala View Post
Yeah and now you have thrown me saying there is 3 avatar movies 😂

Yeah we visited island of adventure not long after that area opened I remember seeing a train and being told try butterbeer but I didn’t get it

Iv actually said to ds and dd let’s watch Harry Potter before we go - they just frowned 😏

I know there’s more than enough other than the three areas keep us more than happy but I don’t want to queue and fastpass for something that will confuse or be of no interest to the kids

Sit me everywhere else at animal kingdom and pick me up 2 weeks later love the place
There is currently only one Avatar movie to watch (more planned but not yet made / released.) I think the poster above meant for you to watch Avatar out of the three movie franchises you mentioned, ie Avatar, Star Wars and Harry Potter.

My worry is more that I think my youngest has read too much and yet not enough of Harry Potter (this does make sense, I promise.) There are twists and shocks in the later books that I got to experience with no spoilers, and we somehow got my oldest through all of the books without her finding out any of the big surprises from her friends etc. My 8 year old is only on book 4, and I feel like the later books are a bit too old / dark / scary for her. But we go to Universal this August, AND she’s going to Harry Potter Studio Tour with school in September, so she’ll almost certainly find out about some of those twists and surprises before she reads them.

My first preference would be to experience the rides as a big fan of the books / films. But I think the worst option is to be a fan who has read the first few, but then have the last ones spoilt by the Universal HP areas / London tour. I genuinely think it would be easier to just enjoy the rides etc without ever having read the books / watched the films, especially if you never plan to get into them. You’ll be fine.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List