View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 06, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post

TC had a great big list of shirts, socks, shoes and goodness knows what to work through, whilst I was just happy enough to browse until he insisted on buying me an outfit. That put me into overdrive – couldn’t find anything in Macy’s so off we trotted to Robinson-May, where I thought I liked a pair of culottes (gauchos they call them). We thought about that and went off to Dillard’s where I found two tops and another pair of gauchos. Now I am not at all sure about US sizing so grabbing items in large, medium and small, we went off to a changing room. They obviously have experience of these matters as the waiting area was as large as my house with loads of settees – the lady told TC to sit down and wait and off I went. Now, being optimistic, I started with the small and was surprised to find that they fitted.
So that sorted, we went looking for coffee and restrooms before spending a bit more in the ABC store – a sort of Woolworths. TC wandered into Skechers and couldn’t find what he wanted, but I saw a pair of trainers that I did want and sat down to be served. He wandered out without clocking me – in the end I had to send the shop assistant out to fetch him back – “you see that man – well tell him to come here!”

TC now had seen all he wanted and we returned to Macy’s to buy his list. He plonked me on the sofa outside the restrooms this time and disappeared for 35 minutes. Every so often I caught a sight of him charging between departments – the staff that passed me, were worried I wasn’t being helped, so I tried to look busy by reading a magazine! Eventually I was fetched and introduced to this man in the shoe department that had been helping TC. Goods were bagged up – CC signed off for nearly $300, hands shaken and off we went.

We walked over the bridge back to Treasure Island and caught the free tram to the Mirage to find the Secret Garden. It was unfortunate that we were loaded down with bags and there was nowhere to store them. We paid our $15 each entry fee and stood for the welcome speech – don’t touch the dolphins etc etc. Went down to the underwater viewing and came back up just as the trainers were doing something – they do it all at random intervals to keep the dolphins alert.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brushes 092.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	6598   Click image for larger version

Name:	brushes 093.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	6599   Click image for larger version

Name:	brushes 094.jpg
Views:	55