Thread: Devastated
View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando21
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Devastated

I am a long term dibber but decided to change my user name as I don’t know if any of my friends are lurkers on here.

So yesterday we found out my lovely kind caring husband has acute myeloid Leukemia. He started feeling unwell the day we returned from holiday about 2 months ago. He has suffered so much in and out of hospital and finally they have given us a diagnosis.

We were due to go on a big family holiday with our grown up children in October for a special wedding anniversary.

I’m in the middle of cancelling everything and it’s just breaking my heart!. Not the fact that we are not going on holiday but how upset he is at the thought of it. He is a very selfless man and thinks about everyone else first.

He will start having aggressive chemotherapy next week. We have a long road ahead of us.

Don’t really know why I’ve come on here but I feel the need to off load. I’m lucky as I have a fabulous close circle of friends who have been a great help.

Anyway I’m determined we will get through this. If anyone has any positive stories it would help me greatly ♥️
Orlando21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List