View Single Post
Old 19 May 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

May I ask... they retiring all the Dreamliners? Only I flew one LhR to NYC, it was a beauty compared the to old thing we got on return? Surely they’d get rid/refit the old rubbish. Before retiring the dream liners?

Haven’t flown the 747s in a while, though I tend to agree 18inch seat width can’t be much better then Easyjet? I can’t be paying PE prices to feel like I’m flying no frills with food - I’m also not willing to do long haul in regular econ for the night flight, so to get my hard earned cash in better be a damn site better then econ with exit row or extra legroom!

As for the original question, they will have to stay competitive so I can’t see them increasing price too much because TUi and Norwegian still have a great product in the dreamliners - negating somewhat the ‘let’s fly virgin for the nice shiny plane’ effect. And most consumers are still going to buy by price and convenience (ie which airline gets me Gatwick to Florida, in the standard I want cheapest) loyalty to an airline is way less of a thing these days. Also if it’s virgin Pe vs BA WTP you can bet your bucket I’m taking things like seat width into account before shiny plane syndrome.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List