View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 16, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Beaching It With The Poole's Day 14 August 2016

"The hunt for sharks teeth"

I am late putting this on, so sorry I was busy enjoying the last day. I am now at our gate waiting for our flight so I will do as much as I can now.

Our day started at 7am, it was not a good sleep as we had had a lot of storms for the first half of the night, but it was our last day and we were not going to let anything stop us.

After a house meeting we decided a trip back to Stump Pass beach was in order so we had a speedy breakfast and we were off.

This is what we saw when we got there, love this beach. This was the beach where we saw the manatees and dolphins the other day so we had high hopes this morning. Our first mission was hunting for sharks teeth. We had found a sieve in the bucket box it was small but we didn't let that stop us. First dunk and we found the beauty in the first picture

We tried 4 or 5 other goes and got nothing so glad we had already got one or we would have given up!

Due to the storms the water was choppy and we found some new shells too and unfortunately some jelly fish. We then just started to see the Sharks teeth on the beach itself. We got a few in the end and Daddy and Grace loved it .

We left the beach for the last time as happy people. It was a little overcast but clearing fast and it was warming up nicely.

We were home indoors by 10am. We did some pool cleaning and I put some coffee on too, these had become daily rituals!
Daddy and I then went for a bike ride, twice round again and again I went under duress! This morning we took some photos of our favourite houses and views, the above photo being one of them.
We were outside until 2.50pm, when it decided to be raining and sunny at the same time? We had really been trying to spot a gator today too but our efforts were pathetic, there was a bit of grass and debris floating around due to the storm which were red herrings

We got showered and changed and were off after much debate to Chillis for our last night. We got there for about 4.10pm and were seated at a really nice table. It was not overly busy but there were a few tables which made for a nice atmosphere.
Daddy ordered an iced water, nanny a strawberry lemonade, Grandad a bud lite and I had a Chardonnay ( in fact I had 2!)
We ordered a flat bread to share and some fried asparagus, both lovely.
Grace ordered the kids pizza and I have to say it was delicious and she ate over half of it. My husband had a smokehouse burger ( he LOVES these!) I had a burger with guacamole, delicious! Nanny had the burrito and Grandad had prime rib tacos and a million sides. We also had dessert, Grace came in to her own tonight as after eating the pizza also shared Daddy's Cookie dough skillet and Nanny had a toffee brownie.

I really enjoyed the meal here, the total was $114, very reasonable and very good food. We all enjoyed it.
We popped in briefly to dollar tree as Daddy wanted some deodorant? I also popped in to Publix to get some alcohol for tonight

We were back indoors for 6.40pm where we began packing and I did that until I put Grace down at 7.30pm. We spent the evening getting Inge together and then having a drink altogether and we then had an early night due to a big travel day the next day. We were in bed for about 9.15pm

Tomorrow is travel day back home

I also found these pictures. One of the clouds as we left the villa for Chillis, I thought they were beautiful and the second is Grace eating her yummy pizza

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List