blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
LIVE BLOG - The Long Time Coming Trip - Travel Day

For the pre-trippage, please check here:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=784299

So today is journey day, from East Dorset to Folkestone. With three children. In one car. Under the remnants of a hurricane. Perfect!

The day started in time honoured fashion. A Beefeater breakfast! Great food, but lousy service. We were greeted by the manager with a tut and sigh. Not only that, but she sent away a young couple at 10am as there were no free tables. (Apart from the two free ones next to us apparently) Anyway, I sent a delightfully passive-aggressive Tweet to their Twitter account!

The journey, as expected, was LONG. The remnants of hurricane Bertha was causing merry havoc today, we had only travelled 5 miles to Ringwood and we already had hit delays.

We left home at 11.15, and arrived at Eurotunnel departures at 3.30pm, a good hour later than planned.

Here's the moment 'auntie Mel' on DIBBCAST broke the news to the kids that we weren't travelling to Cornwall, but actually heading to DLP!

Isobel's response? "You lied to us! You said we were going to Cornwall, but you lied!" Kids, gotta love them apparently.

Anyway we're ensconced in the Holiday Inn Coquelles for the night, ready for part two of the journey tomorrow... To Chez Mickey!

A bientot!

Thanks folks!

Time for a nightcap. I'm not sure why the picture is like this. I've barely touched a drop your honour!

Edited at 06:28 PM.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List