View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Day 6 - Discovery Cove and Mall at Millenia

Our absolute favourite place 😍 and the food isn’t too bad either. It is an all inclusive resort so food and drinks (including alcohol) are free. The food is buffet-style, so we started with a buffet breakfast (which included all of the usual items plus a choice of other things such as yogurt and muffins) and then went to find some sunbeds to be our base for the day.

We chose a lovely spot by the grand reef, but a word of advice. Their animal friendly suncream simply doesn’t work very well ☹️ it is very thick and looks like it would do the job, but both of us got terribly burnt here just from 40 minutes of sunbathing.

Lunch again is a free buffet - so we tried a bit of everything! A bacon cheese burger, a pulled pork burger, mac n cheese and a caeser salad. We then got desserts of strawberries, melted chocolate and a vanilla and strawberry cheesecake.

This was a brilliant day as always. We don’t usually do the dolphin swim and didn’t this time; we could spend all day with the rays alone.

We left at around 17.00 and went to get changed at Cabana Bay before heading out to the Mall at Millenia. We remember finding a lot of stuff here in 2016 but everything seemed very expensive this year and we didn’t buy anything!

Food option was the Cheesecake Factory which we hadn’t tried before and were very excited for. I had heard that the mains were huge so opted for a starter of calamari for my main... this was the size of it:

The OH had a chicken burger which he said was one of the best he’s ever had:

We then shared some mac n cheese balls (OH was a little obsessed with mac n cheese this holiday if you can’t tell!):

Overall we loved the food here but there was SO much and I couldn’t even finish my ‘starter’ portion of calamari! Unfortunately we were too full to try a cheesecake, but that is on the list for 2019!

Edited at 09:23 PM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List