View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida: the next episode August 2020 Pre Trip Report.

Finally it is time to start my Pre trip report.

We are a family of 5 and this will be our 3rd trip to the magic. We are:
Jo (me) Mum and chief planning fanatic.
Ollie Dad, just goes along with the trips to keep his girls happy.

Robyn (16 - 17 by our trip) a typical teenager at times but generally a lovely sensible and kind young lady. Declares herself too old for the characters but secretly loves Eeyore and Chip and Dale.

Harriet (15 or will be by the time we go) usually known as Hattie she is a thoughtful, intelligent and crazy girl but has a terrible stubborn streak! She especially loves Tigger and all things Harry Potter.

Evie (12 by the time we go) a creative, imaginative and loving soul who loves Snow White and the seven dwarfs, especially Dopey.

As I enjoyed Goldia's history in her PTR so much, I thought I would do my own.

Our Disney journey began in June 2009 when we decided to take the girls to DLP. Robyn was 6, Hattie 4 and Evie 1. Before this we wouldn't have called ourselves Disney fans but we had a fantastic time and suffered badly from the Disney blues when we returned home.

Soon after we were home we booked up to return the following May/June. This time Hattie had her 5th birthday on the day we arrived, Robyn was 7 and Evie was 2.

We couldn't wait to get back and managed to find a deal too good to turn down so squeezed in another sneaky trip to see the Christmas magic just as the girls finished school in December.

In 2011 we went again in May/June and were lucky enough to have friends come with us. Robyn was 8, Hattie turned 6 on the trip and Evie was 3. It was our best trip yet and there was no sign yet of us getting bored.

In August we found another deal and were back yet again for our first offsite trip with annual passes too this time.

Surprise, surprise it was back again in May/June this year. By now Robyn was 9, Hattie 7 and Evie 4.

After this trip we contemplated one more trip before our annual passes expired but decided that we really wanted to try Florida so we needed to do some serious saving.

Finally in 2015 we were able to fulfil our dream. Robyn was 12, Hattie 10 and Evie 7.

We flew direct with Virgin and stayed 4 nights club level at RPR followed by 14 nights at OKW. Of course we always knew that this was unlikely to be a once in a lifetime trip and were eager to book again as soon as we got back. Saving started again in earnest.

Thankfully we only had two years to wait until we could return. This time we stayed 3 nights offsite, 12 nights at AKL Kidani Villas and 4 nights club level at PBH.

The urge was still strong to return but unfortunately ordinary life took over and here we are just over 6th months away from our 3rd trip.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List