Old 15 Aug 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Toy Story 4 - For Forky’s Sake (review)

If 3 was the natural ending to the series, what is 4? Watching this for the first time the obvious conclusion to me is it’s a cash in. I wish they had instead focused on individual character based movies in the TS world and retained creative integrity.

Where to start with this? The plot and the toys move all over the place on a much bigger canvas, mocking the illusion that the toys could do all this in broad daylight without being spotted. The relative sidelining of characters like Rex who feature heavily in 1 and 2 in favour of less well developed characters from 3 just doesn’t work and I wasn’t sure about the reintroduction of an older character as a Mad Max style action hero.

Disney+
Stunning animation effects, notably the rain in the high res format, can really see the difference of the extra years of technological advancement
Vincent and friends are well used as creepy henchmen

Disney-
It’s terrible IMHO
As a cash-in it’s up there with the last couple of Shrek films
Not sure if it was intended to make most of the new characters extremely annoying but they are
Forky = Jar Jar Sporks
Feels like a different movie completely even the signature music is largely missing despite Randy (YgaFim) Newman still being on the credits.

Rating 4/10 I get why they made this, I rea$lly do. But I still hate it, it’s a mess. An unfitting addition to a near perfect trilogy. I suppose with the delayed timing it brings another generation of kids into the story which as a parks fan helps to keep things like Toy Story Land alive for that much longer. Advice for those kids is to go back and watch the first 3
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List