View Single Post
Old 14 May 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

We are in the same situation - Family of 4 with one ASD child and are travelling in 3 weeks. We are Glasgow though so can't help with specific lounges I'm afraid.

We have booked the rows of 2 - bubble on the way there and downstairs on the way back (only because the bubble was full). Have also upgraded to PE, however only due to a silly price which I still think was a glitch when we booked :-).

I would try and opt for a window seat for your daughter in a two if you can get it and I'm sure it will be all good. Also look for a quiet lounge before hand as others have suggested. In Glasgow there is only one lounge so we didn't have a choice :-).

Also, worth remembering that in the bubble you should get off first which will help at customs. Although also worth noting that if you book Special Assistance you can ask to get off first rather than wait to the end because of ASD. We have done this with other airlines in the past.

Not sure when you are off but I'm happy to share any tips once we return in June if that helps at all.

My two fight constantly - 99% instigated by my ASD son so we find it easier to split them up. My DS is very sensitive to food smells (we have been called to collect him from school many times as he has been "sick" in the canteen. In actual fact he has simply been wretching at a smell of someone elses food.). Anyway, this means I have a concern over food smells on the plane. Fingers crossed he will be fine, although I do remember a projectile vomit issue pre-diagnosis when he was 4 and we visited DLP. He got a whiff of someone having garlic butter on bread during breakfast and was sick everywhere. We laugh now but was not funny at the time!
Anyway, smells aside he is also very fussy so we will take with us some additional snacks and sandwiches etc which I really hope he eats. Will also have a ridiculous number of electonic devices to entertain him and in all honestly think he will be fine as long as no batteries run out etc!

Also our first big holiday without the grandparents to again - feel your pain. Lovely to have them there for many reasons, however not going to pretend that help with the kids was an absolute godsend (although not the main reason we want them there obviously :-))
pinkstarburst is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List