View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 17, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsChunkyBager
Proud to wear my Ears

I’d say go for it, so long as the children will want to go. But, a note of caution, children can react very differently to each other when something like divorce happens. When my parents split, although they tried to be quite amicable with each other I reacted very emotionally. The split was my mum’s decision and she had been cheating with another man. Both me and my brother asked to stay with my Dad, so he had full custody of us both. My brother would do weekends with my Mum, and shortly after the split went on holiday with her, so in your situation regardless of the reason for your separation he would have been fine. However, it took several years before I would stay overnight with my mum, and it wasn’t until I was in my early-mid 20s that we fully regained a strong mother daughter relationship.

So, within a year of the separation, I would happily of gone away with the “innocent”parent, but would have screamed blue murder at the idea of going away with the “guilty” parent. My parents never asked me to choose sides (to this day I call it an amicable divorce in which I was the contentious party) but you can’t tell how a child will react.

1997 - Carribean Beach Resort
2000 - Rosen Inn 2012 - Doubletree SeaWorld
2018 - Yacht Club
2024 - Pop Century
MrsChunkyBager is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List