View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by captbnut View Post
Just my family's experience, but we really did not like Universal as only I'm interested in fast stuff. What I said to my kids (brave 10 and not brave 8) is that Disney want you to have fun, Universal want to scare you. Everything there is taller, faster, wetter etc. Upthread people have said about simulators - my youngest did not like Star Tours or FoP. Forbidden Journey terrified him. The rapids are like being chucked in a river, you get soaked.

For me, before buying universal tickets, go to Alton Towers. If you don't want to ride the Big 6 then you will not get your money's worth at Universal, even if like us you are all massive Harry Potter fans.

There is so much at Disney if you don't like rides you will have an amazing time but I would happily have my grand back from Universal tickets. If you just want HP you could do it all easily in a day. The Hogwarts Express is good fun if you're happy to pay for the park hopper.
I'd totally disagree with this. I'm the only thrill seeker in my family but we all love Universal and did even before the Harry Potter stuff. The water rides are just the best, I've never laughed so much as I did on Bilge Rat barges. You do get soaked (perhaps it helps that we go in August). Spiderman is one of my favourite rides anywhere and we all love men in Black and the nostalgia that's ET.

I guess what I'm saying OP is that everyone has their own favourites and what one loves might just miss the grade for other people.