View Single Post
Old 1 Dec 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I think you can argue it either way ... whilst a"nice" Spanish hotel might be cheaper than Disney ... it won't follow that it will be cheaper than a "nice" off site property or a villa.
Likewise comparing a week in Spain with a longer long haul holiday is in no way a direct comparison, just two entirely different holidays.For some a week in Europe might be comparable to a longer long haul holiday for most people it'd be a case of looking for similar durations.

Florida certainly isn't the be all and end all of holidays but neither are some or all theme parks an essential either. I've happily holidayed in Florida and not gone to the parks , but we didn't stay in Orlando and constantly pass the parks . Had we had we might have felt we were missing out but instead we could have been ten miles away or a thousand, it made no difference as we had plenty of activities planned.

There are however a lot more choices than a Spanish resort hotel or Orlando out there so it isn't one or the other .
I agree, so many places to see and explore. It isn't ever just down to price.

Plus Orlando can be enjoyed without the parks which would save costs. Likewise activities and trips can be booked in European resorts. Next Easter we are planning a dolphin watching boat trip and a zoo visit and DD wants to try scuba diving.

It is a case of deciding what holiday op wants. But if it's down to cost alone, I feel Europe would be cheaper. We are visiting both Europe and Orlando next year but 2019 we are planning visiting Vietnam as our older son lives there. I would hate to just visit the same place every year, although I realise this is something many do prefer.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List