View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 17, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Monko View Post
Just an update to the above if anyone is interested. I had to chase up my original email complaint after 15 days had passed (last Wednesday), but did then receive a personalised email the following day addressing my issues.

The email stated that their records showed that I had returned the car empty hence the charge. They did however agree to look into it further because of what I'd originally stated regarding having no contact with an AVIS rep on returning the vehicle nor where any fuel options given to me when collecting the vehicle.

I was asked to send an scan or photo of my receipt of the last fuel payment made and/or my card statement showing the transaction. It was made clear that they had to have sight of this to progress any reimbursment and they did apologise for the inconvenience of this further request for evidence.

I sent copies of both my credit card statement and the receipt (my last receipt showed it being the Shell garage about 1/4 mile from Orlando Int) plus a copy of the receipt from the previous day when I had originally topped the car up to full - the Shell payment was for $13ish and was a final top-up as the needle had dropped from max.

I received an email today saying that what I had provided clearly shows that I did not return the car empty. An apology was offered and they are reimbursing the full charged amount plus the non-sterling transaction fee I was charged on my credit card.

I'm very happy with the outcome after just a couple of emails. However, I'm still frustrated and annoyed I've had to do this though, and it's clearly worrying that something is going 'wrong' at AVIS at Orlando International.
Thank you Monko, many are interested in outcomes, especially one where you've proven you returned the motor full. Nicely done, pleased to see you got the refund. I concur that it's frustrating and morally wrong that you had to chase this up. It's given others the heads up to allow, perhaps, 15 extra minutes and insist a member of staff checks the motor in, providing the $0 to pay sign off sheet.