View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

SoCal Christmas 2017: Day 13 San Diego - Beach and Going Home

The day started as it had done for the last few days - slowly and with a toast and yoghurt breakfast.

Most of the packing was done - just the wetsuits and what we were currently wearing!

J and I went for a wander down to the pier while the kids caught up on their social media.

It was going to be a warm day!

We went back to get the kids as they wanted a last beach session - easily pleased! The waves were quite big today!

I had to watch out as the tide was high do occasionally the water crept a little too close!

I went yo get coffee - and then just after I ordered thought I had lost my small stash if cash! The lady behind me offered to put it on her card but thankfully I found it again! How nice are some people!

We hung out the wetsuits in a vain effort to get them a bit dry.

The owner had agreed to a later check out of 3pm. We went back to Lil Farmer for our usual! We then took the body boards back to the shop where we gad bought them and sold them back to them - got $30 back (original cost $65) - $35 for a week's worth of fun!

At around 2.30pm we were ready to leave. We filled the car up and took it back - a simple exercise! A shuttle bus took us to the airport where we dropped the bags off.

We had arranged with David to meet him at a restaurant near the airport. J worked out that we could get a shuttle bus to the Sheraton and it wasn't far from there!

The restaurant was Coasterra - quite upmarket.

We had drinks plus tortilla chips, salsa and guacamole! Very tasty with a great view of downtown!

We even saw our plane come in on the runway behind us but I wasn't quick enough to get a photo!

We have part of this painting as a print at home!

David dropped us off and we went though security. F and J got a panda express to avoid having to eat on the flight.

We boarded on time. Nothing much to report on the flight as I am one of those annoying people who can sleep - I probably managed about 7 hours!

I had two asian veggie meals which were edible!

We would have landed on time but for the fact that we were sent into the holding pattern for about 30 minutes.

O and F had lunch (or breakfast) at Huxley's. J and just grabbed a meal deal from Smiths! We have a long 5 hour layover!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List