View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
Legally the position is just the same as in pre-Covid times, it is the responsibility of the passenger to have the right of entry to the destination country (whether by nationality, residency or visa / ESTA).

If a flight operates, the airline is not legally liable for cancellation due to this condition not being met, it is treated just like a decision not to travel. The fact that the borders have been closed to many foreign nationals, or that the FCO is advising against travel, doesn’t change the legal position. Theoretically the airlines don’t even need to offer vouchers, but most have taken the decision to do that.

OP - you don’t mention when and where your flight is, but for as long as BA is offering vouchers, you are probably better to sit tight and wait to see if the flight cancels, unless you have watertight insurance that will pay out if you cancel now.
I suppose you're right. I dont want them to cancel though I do want to go.

They cancelled one flight and moved me to alternate one on same day.

I'd rather not pay the balance, find out the flight is going but I can't go, then find all I can do is get a voucher to be honest.

Insurance not even sure if they would pay out to be honest? Even if this was booked before it all happened. Might not be too happy I've accepted a flight change.
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List