View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yes, that's true I suppose.

It sounds like you spend additional money to stay onsite at Universal to get Express Passes, so would you do the same at Disney if the option was available?
You do, but generally it ends up being a saving compared to the room cost/everyone staying getting an express pass vs buying express passes individually.

I've not done universal without an express pass since 2011, and couldn't imagine going back to regular queuing - now that we are tied into school holiday periods, it's a lifesaver.

I'd be intrigued by the idea of paid for fastpass, but for me it would have to be similar to the express pass. A larger cost, but I can use the fastpass queues for all the rides. I don't think I would pay for an additional 3 for immediate booking for instance - I find the stress of having to book immediately at 30 days out annoying. Just being able to roll up into the line would be a game changer for me and I'd likely spend more time at Disney parks because of it - especially if it became a "stay-on-site" benefit.

Back to the original topic though - I like this idea. I tend to have my phone on me anyway for browsing through and selecting new FPs, avoiding character meetup locations (daughter has extreme anxiety over the more costumed characters like mickey and the like - fine with princesses) and now mobile ordering, so using my phone isn't a problem for me. Though I do like having a magic band as a reminder when I'm home.
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List