View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
Update as promised - it's probably available elsewhere now but will give my opinion too.

UC RETURN MENU

STARTERS

Crab Rillette with sumac, pickled cucumber, celery and cherry tomatoes.

Buratta, roasted tomoatoes and butternut squash with a balsamic and maple glaze (v)

MAINS

Miso roasted chicken and soba noodles with sauteed Asian vegetables, oyster mushroom with a coriander and ginger teriyaki glaze.

Tikka spiced seared salmon, black rice, roasted cumin cauliflower, cucumber and tomato raita, red onion and coriander salad with cherry tomatoes

Smoked Gouda mac and cheese, with roasted winter vegetables, sauteed kale and caramelised pearl onions (v)

DESSERTS

Triple chocolate mousse with a raspberry coulis

Brie, Cheddar and blue cheese with a slice of quince, grapes and crackers.

There was also a SUPPER EXPRESS

Tomato chipotle soup, served with a rustic grilled cheese sandwich (v)

I think the wines were the same as the outbound, certainly the Malbec was but have specific details if anyone want them.

I ordered the crab and the chicken and really didn't like either, I ate the piece of chicken and left the rest. However, there were really good offerings in the Delta Sky Club including a couple of hot dishes and I'd had plenty in there.

I had the cheese plate which was ok apart from the fact I really preferred the onion chutney they used the serve and though the quince jelly was a poor substitute.

With hindsight I think I should have just ordered the toasted cheese sandwich, I saw it come passed me and looked pretty good.

BREAKFAST

Fresh fruit with lime and chilli

Banana bread pudding, caramelised banana with strawberry compote and Greek yoghurt infused with lemon zest

Full English breakfast with grilled pork sausage, streaky bacon, scrambled egg, sauteed button mushrooms, potato rosti and baked beans

Vegan three potato hash, peppers and onions with scrambled 'egg and chorizo' (ve)

Chia seed bowl with coconut milk, mango compote, strawberries and coconut flakes

Chocolate croissant

I never eat breakfast on landing and had originally planned to eat in the arrivals lounge. However, my DH had the full English breakfast and it looked pretty good - his opinion isn't really worth much as he eats anything.

In the end we didn't bother with the arrivals lounge, we were 90 minutes late leaving Orlando and didn't make up any time so really just wanted to get home.

If anyone wants any further info. please just ask.

Jill
That's great thankyou picked my choices already can i ask what the arrivals lounge is please ...and did you get Delta Sky Club because you booked upper class ... also is there a dedicated check in at MCO for upper class as noticed Disney springs isn't open any more ...did you manage much sleep on the way home ?
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List