View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I used to take a DSLR and a point and shoot camera.

now I only go with my phone (13mpix camera) especially when I go to US (since OP mentions it)
At US, for most rides, you can only ride with whatever fits in your pockets, the rest (including large cameras like DSLR or even bridges) will need to go inside lockers) that's a lot of time wasted (some rides will not allow anything in your pockets)

so when in Universal, I only have my phone, and that's more than enough

now it also depends on what you do with your photos and how important they are
the thing is that I used to take a lot of pictures with my DSLR (think over 1000 a day), only to realise that I never, ever, looked at them after we were back, be it only to show friends.
It was a pain to select pictures for Trip Reports or making calendars for the family. And that was basically all the purposes the photos served.

then I went with smartphone only. And that was more than enough.

So, unless you'll be making post processing of your pictures, enlarge, print and frame them, like you're taking RAWs and making HDRs , then take your DSLR

but if you're like the guests who record shows on their iPads (the dreaded iPad forest) ... and never watch them again once they're "on tape" ... don't overpack, if you have a smartphone that makes nice pictures, that will be enough.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List