klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Thanks for the reply.
It’s pretty much what I think some stores will be better than others and then of course you always get people who don’t like taking direction from management so have a negative view of the company.
My main concerns are starting work at day 6 am and still being there at 5/6pm as apparently you’re not given a finish time and being given your hours at short notice so you can’t plan anything
I can sort of see some of the above happening. Have you worked in retail before? Only ask because I do have a lot of retail experience, but my experience could be different to others.

In all the retail places I’ve worked in, I’ve always struggled to get my shifts far in advance, sometimes as close as 2 weeks to the day I’d get them, also they would change constantly right up until the day. Another thing I found was you couldn’t just go home when your shift ended, in all the places I’ve worked in if you’re in the middle of a job and it’s the end of your shift you’re expected to stay until it’s done, no matter how long it takes. This could just be my experience, others may differ, but that is how I’ve found retail.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List