View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 19, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
nkotb4life
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I am chuckling at Uber or Lyft is "hard work"
Get in hire car , turn on sat nav , slavishly follow Sat Nav , shout at husband when he ignores Sat Nav and then has to loop back or misses turn , find parking space , trek from parking lot to destination ... return to parking lot , eye up all the cars wondering which is ours as they all look the same ... find car , turn on Sat Nav , navigate back. ... versus ... order Lyft on app , get into Lyft , often have interesting conversation with driver as bonus always interesting to get a locals perspective , arrive at destination ... return , order Lyft from right outside, relax whilst chauffeured home .

Different strokes and all that but I honestly can't see how Lyft is hard work

I'm not a "popper out" either home or away and I understand how a hire car works better if you are but I'm either enjoying the pool and relaxing or I'm off out somewhere specific ...
We hired a car first Florida trip. You make it sound simple! for us I would add paying tolls we didn't need to because we took the wrong turn/missed a turn, SATNAV naggy lady demanding we make a Uturn where legally possible, husband dramatically screeching at me "your gonna kill us all" while I made a fingers crossed legal Uturn, us falling out and not speaking to each other. Repeat on several journeys!
Next time we went we just used uber and lyft. It was lovely, and really not very expensive with all the discount codes they give you.
nkotb4life is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List