View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I honestly hate the new rules, however I do think that this is a smart business move by DVC.

They lose sales to the resale market. By restricting resale it makes buying direct way more attractive.

As has already been said, the majority of buyers probably walk into the DVC preview center at SSR and buy into the club totally oblivious to the fact that there is a strong resale market. When we did the tour we were told that if we wanted to sell that Disney would buy the contract we bought back... they will keep this line when selling Riviera. They aren’t going to say that the resale buyer of your contract will only be able to stay at Riviera though and so really this makes the resale value of your contract you are about to buy most unattractive.

Most buyers won’t have a clue about this new change and the impact it has!

I would be interested to know what percentage of sales are direct v resale. For those buyers who are not swept away in the moment and do do their research about resale then this change will no doubt drive up the value of resales at legacy resorts as they are now more attractive than committing to staying at Riviera for the next 50 years as a resale buyer.

If resale points at the legacy resorts are high then why not just buy new direct from Disney and be able to stay at the new resorts too? !

It’s not good for owners or new buyers who hope to grab a bargain on the resale market but it’s win win for Disney.

WDW: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x2, 2017, 2018, 2019 x 2

DCL: Disney Dream 2017, Disney Fantasy 2019

Edited at 01:00 AM.
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List