Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by LaraB View Post
I was under the impression that in order to get such a pass, you needed a Dr's note or letter to explain the condition, rather than just being able to complete Disney's form.
Actually, it's the opposite. It's illegal for Disney to request written proof of the condition - see geoffa's post above.

Sure, that does potentially make it open to abuse. But I tend not to concern myself with the small number of people that might abuse this system and instead think of the much larger number of legitimate people that it helps.

And I'd guess there are some people who don't have a doctor's note (or similar) but still have a legitimate need for the DAS.

Originally Posted by bloominadversit View Post
Obviously we can’t read tone on here, but is there a chance their son has complex or poorly defined needs and Aspergers is the easiest way to describe hence the wording?
I was thinking the same thing. It might just have been easier to say the son had Aspergers (which people have heard about) rather than trying to explain the rarer, more specific condition he has (which people probably haven't heard about).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List