View Single Post
Old 15 May 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
We too found Salem to be disappointing.

Absolutely loved Ogunquit - funnily enough I though Maine would be a tick box to say we’d been to another state, but not somewhere I was overly bothered about before we went, and actually it’s the main place I’m desperate to return to and experience more of!
I think I may take a look at what else there is to see in Maine - thanks!

Originally Posted by kazzykay View Post
We did 3 weeks 2017, absolutely loved it. Bar harbour, Mt Washington, Acadia National Park, Provincetown, Plymouth, White Mountains, Maine, Portland and Oqunquait, Salem (big disappointment) - Enjoy
Thanks - it is reassuring that all of those places are on my list!

Originally Posted by Buzz242 View Post
I'm one of the worst sailors too, I felt so sick going to Acatraz and it was as calm as a boating lake. Last year I was desperate to go to Marthas Vineyard so dosed myself up with 2 Dramamine and sat outside facing forward - I didn't even feel queasy.
I would definitely recommend you visit, it was one of my favourite places on our trip. We also took a whale watching trip from Province Town, I was extremely nervous but only felt sick if I looked down into the water, looking ahead was fine. Worth feeling a little queasy to see these amazing animals.
I have done a whale watching trip once and never again... I took tablets and still felt awful for about 24 hours afterwards... didn't even see the whales as I was too busy staring at the horizon! I don't think we will be doing Martha's Vineyard, but I will consider it. I think we may spend extra time in the mountains/ Maine instead. Thanks for the advice
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List