View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
I'm thinking after my last trip to Orlando next year (ha, I'll be back we all know that but last for a while at least) I'm going to look into central Europe. I do like a good city break. Would like to go to Prague, but not sure how to avoid the stag do flights, being on my own surrounded by drunk idiots is a nightmare for me, so need to look into that more. Vienna looks nice too, some good museums there I imagine.

Off to York later this month, Edinburgh in September and London next march. Taking lots of little UK breaks is something I found myself really enjoying tbh. I do love a good museum. I'd recommend it for anyone looking to still travel to Orlando but have some cheap breaks on the side. I got a centrally located Premier inn in London for £85 a night with all-you-can-eat breakfast included.

I do know you can get a car and explore say a Greek island, but "a" museum or "a" town just isn't enough for me on a week long holiday. Much like I've been spoiled by Orlando for theme parks I've been spoiled by places like Edinburgh, London or for a more med theme, Malta that have so much history and culture concentrated in a small place I'd find it hard to go to a sleepy resort with maybe 2 or 3 good things to do within a half hours drive.
Have you thought of doing a coach tour ? They’re not everyone’s cup of tea but I’ve done loads on my own and really enjoyed them.

I made sure I DIDNT go on a singles-type trip - can’t think of anything worse. Every tour I’ve done has had a mix of young & old, married couples, friends, mother and daughters and a handful of independently minded singles.

There are lots of trips covering Central Europe, here’s one example. I hope this link works!

cosmos/tours/prague-vienna-budapest/

Edited at 09:14 AM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List