View Single Post
Old 5 May 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
TORIMS
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I did C25K a few years ago and it was good, did a few park runs etc. but stopped running and was back at square one.

However, 10 weeks ago I joined a beginners running course locally to me (Fareham, Hampshire), and it is one of the best things I have ever done. It was an 8 week course finishing with a 5km Graduation Park Run, which we did last week 👏👏👏
I have now joined the main running club where we run a minimum of once a week, but a few of us from our beginners group go to the main group on a Monday, run another shorter run in the week and then Park run on a Saturday.

The beginners course did not follow the format of C25K but taught us the fundamentals for running, but also taught us not to run too fast, which I found I was doing with C25K. It has been so good for me, I could wax lyrical about it all day 😉

Just to say...I am overweight and unfit, so if you had have told me 10wks ago that I would be running a minimum of 2 x 5kms a week, I’d have laughed out load, but I am!

Good on you for getting out there and giving it a go! Thats the hardest part!

Vicki x

Apr 1998 Rodeway Inn International drive
Oct 2000 Quality Inn Anahiem, Navy lodge Coranado & The Rio Las Vegas
Apr 2005 Formosa Gardens & Toronto
Dec 2007 Newport Bay DLP
Feb 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

Aug 2014 2 weeks SSR (1 night HRH)
TORIMS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List