View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Cool He did a thing! June 2019 - Day 1 - Boardwalk, Bon Voyage Breakfast and Magic Kingdom

Travel Day is here.

Tuesday 11th June

Keeping in line with first morning tradition, I was first awake at 3.45am. I really tried to force myself back to sleep and I think I did drift of for another half hour, but by 4.30am we were both wide awake and lay in bed playing our newly acquired trivia quiz via Facebook (thanks Helen).

Oh, side note, the beds at the Dolphin are SO comfy.

We then watched some Fox News and saw that there were reports of lightning and we were told to expect storms later in the day.

At 5.30 Chris was first to go in the shower. Then while I got ready he went down to Fuel which is a "to go" café type place in the main lobby. I was dying for a cup of tea, but the hotel only provided Earl Grey in the room and that would not do! He also brought me back a 3 Musketeers bar Even for me it was too early though, so I popped it in the fridge for later! I finished getting ready and was happy to note that the hairdryer was decent. I was worried it would be one of those pathetic hotel ones in which you have to hold the button the entire time. It's the little things that please me

We popped onto the balcony to take in the morning view and it was even more beautiful with the pink sky

At 7am we were ready! We had nowhere to be until 10, so we thought we'd just explore a little. Before we left we put down some dollars for housekeeping. I deliberately didn’t put "mousekeeping" since it's not a real Disney hotel haha!

Ready to go

A very quiet lobby at 7.02am!

This is the corridor that leads from Shula's which is their signature steak restaurant.

We decided to check out Picabu for some grub. We did have a breakfast ADR at 10, but we were starving and needed something to keep us going! Anyway, it is totally acceptable to have two breakfasts on holiday, right? Picabu is open 24 hours a day by the way! Super handy!

I went for a Pan au Chocolat with a Minute Maid Lemonade from the Freestyle machine.

Chris got the egg sandwich which consisted of crispy bacon, egg & cheese on a roll with breakfast potatoes! He also got a coffee.

A thumbs up for Picabu! We both really enjoyed it! Chris gave me some of his bacon and potatoes and they were delish! Total was $26.51. Here are a couple more pics of the restaurant and the wee shop area within it.

We then went to explore the hotel a bit more, passing by the arcade room and laundry, before heading outside for a nosey there!

Ahh it was such a lovely morning and so warm already.

Main pool.

We then walked over to the Swan, just killing time! We saw lots of cute squirrels on the way

The lobby smells so good here, but we do prefer The Dolphin. The Swan just feels a little underwhelming compared to how grand the lobby is at The Dolphin. That's not to say it isn't lovely, it is, but we'd definitely always choose the Dolphin.

We then continued onto a very quiet Boardwalk

There's something about The Boardwalk that just makes us very happy. It's got such a lovely vibe, we just adore it!

I had noticed last night that our ride pic from Frozen Ever After hadn't appeared and I was worried that our free Memory Maker hadn’t linked properly. I thought if I nipped into one of the "proper" Disney hotels they might be able to help me, so we went to The Boardwalk Inn.

Unfortunately the CM, lovely as she was, wasn’t able to help me and advised that we go to one of the photo centres at one of the parks. Defeated, we went to sit on the rocking chairs for a bit.

We then continued our wee stroll around The Boardwalk area.

We stopped to watch the Skyliners being tested. They move a lot faster than you would think!

Some pics from around the Yacht & Beach club.

Is there a better way to spend your morning than on a swing chair on the beach? Nah….

[continued in next post]

Edited at 02:37 PM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List