View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

We unpacked and decided to go offsite for lunch again, this time a couple of minutes past the Loop into the next block of stores.

Our waitress was really funny, first she scooted into the booth with us to go over the menu properly and then at regular intervals during the meal she stopped by to see if all was ok. As she did this though she gave me a slap on the arm first to make sure I was paying attention which seemed to amuse P.

I ordered a chicken tender soup purely out of curiosity as I’ve never had this before.

And it was a tender cut up into noodle soup, weirdly nice - the coating acted like croutons

P had fish n chips in southern cornmeal coating.

This was good, nice change from batter.

I went for the maple bacon chicken with loaded fries.

Really good, nice moist chicken and crispy smoked bacon.

Bit naughty for lunch this but couldn’t resist

Apple crunch & ice cream.

Delicious and well worth the couple of extra slaps I got when Barbara stopped to see what we thought of it.

Seriously though, food was good and Barbara was a star. Nothing too much trouble, loaded my fries for free, offered us to go drinks etc so she ended up with about 25% tip which I really don’t mind on top of a $35 lunch.

Edited at 07:41 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List