View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 19, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Photogirl62 View Post
She wants to study maths - her passion is number theory. Warwick appeals to her as she can tailor the course to that and also bring in particle physics 😬

DD fell in love with the dreaming spires of Oxford and the course there. She had tasted days at both Oxford and Cambridge and I wandered around Cambridge while she was in lectures. I’d never been before and fell in love with the city and prefer it above Oxford - but it’s not about me!
My daughter is studying the same subjects at A level however she has completed her maths this year. She also attended the taster days at Oxford and Cambridge. I felt the same as you about Cambridge on our first visit , however on our second open days we both felt that Oxford was the most likely choice. We also visited Warwick and Durham. My dd put Durham above Warwick. I really loved the campus at Warwick and my daughter liked the course. My dd also wants to study maths. Best of luck to your dd with the exams and university. It’s exciting and daunting at the same time.