View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 06, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Duly refreshed, it was back onto the Monorail, heading North to the Hilton for Dinner at Quark’s. I choose Sulu’s Tossed Shrimp with a glass of Trill wine (White Zin) TC had Tripp’s Jambalaya. After eating and avoiding the Klingon singing a drinking song, we hit the shops on Deep Space Nine’s Promenade – here I must have saved at least $150 as the selection of goods was very disappointing to hardened Trekker merchandise customers like ourselves! I only managed to spend $45. Trill wine, jet lag and an advancing Klingon accounts for the look in my eyes!

It had dropped really cold by now and the wind was positively chilly. On the way back it became so fierce that at one point, the monorail stopped! We got off at Paris and investigated the Penny slots here before finding a shop within the Flamingo selling White Zin. in little bottles – a regular stopping off point before bedtime!

By now it was all of 9.30 but we were fit to drop, so after watching the fountains for a bit – that is exactly what we did!

Tip 3: Plan your bus trips around a 24 hour $5 ticket then you can hop on and off at your leisure! (if you buy at 11 am it is valid until 10.59 am the next day!)
Tip 4: Monorail is not subject to traffic delays – multi tickets work out cheaper as you pay for more journeys – smaller journey’s e.g. Paris to Flamingo are not cost effective!
Tip 5: Use the walkways (usually a moving walkway!) that go from hotel to hotel – free trams run from Treasure Island to The Mirage; Excalibur to Mandalay Bay (on return it also stops at Luxor)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brushes 022.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	6533   Click image for larger version

Name:	brushes 028.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	6534   Click image for larger version

Name:	brushes 029.jpg
Views:	76