View Single Post
Old 30 May 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JoolsM
Having Dinner with Goofy

Some advice please

I am a long time lurker on the forum, but haven't posted in a long while, so 'hi all!'

We are a family of 7 and usually go to Florida bi-annually. Our last trip was July 2019, we didn't book for this year because of Covid but are now looking at July/August 2022. We always do a week in a 2-bedroom villa at SSR, which obviously isn't yet available to book, but the prices for everything else have absolutely sky-rocketed since out last trip and my OH (not a Disney die-hard like myself and the kids) is now looking at outside villas to save some money, particularly as we are not getting the free dining that has been a big draw for our large family on previous visits.

I have suggested we rent some DVC points instead, if we can, to make the saving, but he is nervous about something going wrong and I don't know what to tell hime to reassure him about the security of relying on a stranger to make our accommodation booking on our behalf.

What do I tell him to set his mind at rest, and is booking through somewhere like Dave's any more secure than renting direct from a Dibb member?

Thanks for your help, I am so desperate to go back to Disney but it is looking so expensive for next year right now.
JoolsM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List