View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Simply astonishing flight prices Orlando.

It is no secret that I research flights extensively and regularly, looking far into the future as I establish trends. I probably spend in excess of 20 hours a week as I approach a flight booking time, wanting to save every penny that I can. I intend hitting 49 States eventually, hence the research and also the fact that I usually have an ‘in and an out’ with a ribbon route between, often involving trains planes and invariably.. automobiles.

This morning, I did a dip sample on London- MCO for next Easter School Hols, direct and was absolutely astonished by what I found, bearing in mind that we are now around 300 days from the return leg. Do people really and honestly pay this? For a family of four and luggage, they are 7-8k down before accommodation, tickets, car hire, eats , pressies etc are even considered.

Above is the current best price! Virgin (doubtless trying to devalue all of those credit notes) are at £2076!

The below are the same dates but posted for comparison purposes. They are pretty much where I would expect them to be at 1.40 to the pound…..

Tampa! Where BA are the only direct that I know of..

I know that I am avowed multi centre, multi state advocate and I know very well that many Dibbers are equally avid with their enthusiasm for the Rodent, however…
Surely more now than ever before with such a premium on direct Orlando flights.. over £1000pp, people must be looking as a family of four at perhaps 3 days in any one of the above (take your pick), then an internal into Orlando for the remainder. Even if you stretched your vacation to 17 and still got the 14 in Orlando, then you would save thousands after all other expenses, hotels etc were met?

An internal from pretty much any major airport in the states and into Orlando will not cost too much north of £100 including baggage.For example,I need flights from Buffalo into Orlando on 12 April, but am holding off because I believe that £90 plus £22 baggage pp is rather high!

Just a thought… and maybe a spur towards some lateral thinking, when planning a vacation.

Edited at 09:25 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List