View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 14, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Cheers love disney

Sunday 17th August - Disneeeeey ! Ok, expecting a busy day here . Not sure yet on best tactics for today. With our 3 day tickets we have one magic morning at disneyland park. But they can only be used on a Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday , and we have only one day planned on one to those days - the Tuesday. But every other day has early entry to DCA for on site guests . Well probably just send the missus on the RSR fastpass run while me and the kids enjoy a ride on our own. Going to try to do WOC tonight

Monday 18th August - And... Rest ! Well , we'll have had a week of full on action, culminating in an 8am to 11pm day at Disney , so today we plan on having a relax. I guess we will start the day with a lie - in , followed by a swim and play around at the hotel water fun area , followed by an afternoon at one of the iconic beaches ( all suggestions welcome for recommendations ) and maybe end with a trip to DTD

Tuesday 19th August - time for our magic morning day at disneyland park. So another early start and another full day planned. Now we've never actually done WDW in the height of summer , so have always just gone right through from opening to closing time. Not sure if we will have to have a change in policy here but hopefully the rest day will have set us up nicely. If not, then hopefully having booked a nearby hotel with a nice pool area should enable us to have a nice break if required

Weds 20th August - having a mooch round Hollywood /LA . Not really planned much here yet , Definitely going to do the wolf of fame , not really sure what the Chinese theatre is all about but guess we'll stop off there. Will "do " the Hollywood sign - may even try to get close up to the sign - the seemingly " normal " viewpoints ( Hollywood and highlands centre and Griffith observatory ) just seem a long way away so not quite sure how impressive the " shot " will be. May try to have a run out to santa Monica via be Beverley hills. Overnight at the travelodge Hollywood , £62 a night inc brekkie.

Thurs 21st August - time to use the third element of our socal pass. Universal studios. I've read mixed reviews of this , but really looking forward to it. Some say it hasn't got so many attractions , but I've no problem doing great rides twice if I really need to. Guess it will be busy though so we'll just have to see how it goes. Back to anaheim afterwards for the first of 2 nights ( maybe 3 - see later) at the super8 disneyland drive - £50 a night with quidco via expedia.

Friday 22nd August - back to Disney. Now this is supposed to be the last day of our socal pass. So we will be running round trying to get what we haven't managed on days 1 and 2. This is probably where the hopper element of the ticket will really earn its money. The hotel is apparently pretty near the Disney parking lot so hoping to get the Disney tram to/from the hotel.

Saturday 23rd August. Now this is where we have some flexibility in our plan . It appears that We could upgrade the Disney element of our socal pass to 4 days . So if we haven't been able to do all we need in Disney in 3 days , then today will be a fourth day . We booked a cancellable extra day at the super 8 , but will have to decide on cancellation a couple of days before . If Disney has been "done" in 3 , then what I will write for the 24th , will be become the 23rd , and the 24th will be an extra Vegas day . The 23rd night I have a cancellable booking at Siena suites in Vegas.

Sunday 24th August. The day we move from anaheim to Vegas baby. It's about 4 hours I believe , so we will have some time for some other stuff. Have thought about stopping at calico ghost town , but not sure if really that's the best idea in the middle of the day in the middle of the desert on the middle of summer. But we'll see. Almost certainly going to stop at primm on the way for a bit of retail therapy for the girls. The first of 5 nights at the desert rose ( £42 per night ) gone for a place off strip as think the strip might be a bit too much for the missus. Also the extra space should suit us well. 14 days in hotel rooms with the kids will have tested us to the limits .

Monday 25th - Thursday 28th August . Vegas . Not planned anything specific yet , got lots of ideas but need to formulate it into some kind of loose plan. Don't want to over-plan, more just a list of places to go / things to see that we hope to get through in the 4 or 5 days we have. I realise we could ideally do with more time , but we will get through as much as we can. Want to have a trip out to the valley of fire.

Friday 29th August. Last morning , before getting an early afternoon flight back to manchester

Here endeth the trip of a lifetime. Lots still to plan, but less than 4 months now to get my bum in gear

Edited at 11:12 AM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List