View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A Very Merry Orlando Christmas- Universal and Off-site December 2019 COMPLETED

So after a another wonderful trip in August with 8 nights at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter, 8 nights at Royal Pacific Resort and a week at St Pete Beach, we decided to upgrade our Universal tickets to Annual Passes for our 14 night trip in December. We are staying at The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando (we have stopped here for a couple of days previously) with a couple of nights at the start of our trip at Royal Pacific. It will be Michelle (me), Adam (DH), Cooper (DS12) and my parents, Mark and Gabrielle.

We really need some winter sun (we are Australian’s living in the U.K.) and as Cooper finished School at lunchtime yesterday we have made the journey to Manchester for our flight tomorrow. We checked into the Premier Inn at Runger Lane South (super cheap!) for the evening and have just had dinner at the Thyme Restaurant.

[APP]https://www.thedibb.co.uk/postImages/81257/b472fb352776b0.jpg

Dinner was average, having ordered Thai Chicken Curry, Steak and Ale pie, Asian Platter and 8oz steak with fries, none of us really enjoyed our meals. The service was great though. It was quite busy and we were advised at the time of check-in to make a dinner reservation. We appreciated the advice! Off to bed now as we have a morning flight to Heathrow and then onto Miami where we will pick up our hire care and drive straight to Orlando.

Thank you for reading and please forgive me any errors as this is my first dining report! 😬 xx

Travel Day

We are currently sitting at the Lion and Antelope having a quick breakfast. It’s located in Terminal 3 and there are several locations for food and coffee. The boys had bacon and egg barns (basically a bread roll) which they both enjoyed and I had whole meal toast with butter with coffee and water to drink. It was fresh and delicious.

Next stop - Heathrow!

Heathrow- we have arrived!

Flight was swift - 40 minutes in the air with a quick transfer between terminals and we have stopped for a quick bite to eat before our next flight.

Pret sandwich for Cooper - Chicken, avocado and basil and Yo Sushi for Adam and I - spicy chicken katsu roll. It was all delicious and the perfect portion. There is quite a bit of choice for eateries here too and I just realised that we flew out of this terminal in the summer! Next stop Miami

Heathrow to Miami on BA

Our flight was great, approximately 9 hours and it did go quite quickly. The food was ok, we all ended up ordering chicken with roasted vegetables and mash, the alternative was cauliflower mac and cheese. Of course the bread roll was hard and the Cous Cous salad had seen better days but I liked the chocolate pot and the cheese. Water was brought around numerous time and just prior to landing we were offered a mini magnum which was delicious and a Ruben sandwich with apple flapjack. I enjoyed the sandwich but gave Adam the flapjack (which he enjoyed!). It took us 1 hr from disembarking the plane to driving out in our hire car and from there is was just over a 3 hr drive and we were all ready for sleep when we got to the Rosen In at Pointe!

Our very laid back plan for today is Miller’s (wooohoo zingers!) Walmart for supplies and probably Bahama Breeze for dinner. Thank you for reading

Edited at 10:12 PM.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List