View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I have never asked for anything apart from when I have to ring up on cleaning or trash and towel day and they have failed to leave what they should. Normally loo roll or coffee. Sometimes a T Towel

I can see huge abuse of this sadly.
Yes, you and YorkshireT are right with it being abused by some and therefore adding to the dues, but that might be small when compared to the following.

Around 2011 we booked a 1-bed at OKW with the free dining package and received full housekeeping daily with all amenities replenished.

At the time we questioned why were cash bookings receiving daily housekeeping at a stand alone DVD resort while members only received a schedule clean. Also was this accounted for in separtate accounts, i.e. members were not paying in their dues for the daily housekeeping and extra amenities for those staying on a cash booking.

We were led to believe it was by a manager behind the front desk.

I now wonder how they keep that separate, do they have different staff covering cash bookings so they and all the amenities are not charged against members dues?

I doubt it, so I wonder if and how it's accounted for; with staff cost increasing maybe that's a question that needs to be asked.

Just consider a stay of 7-nights where cash bookings receives daily full housekeeping while on points it's only a Trash & Towel service on day four, that's a hugh difference in time and cost

So does anyone know how cash bookings are accounted for with regards to the extra services they receive over a member?

If it turns out that all housekeeping is charged against DVC at say OKW and SSR then does Disney compensate DVC accordingly for a cash booking?

If not fully, then maybe cash bookings at DVC resorts should have the same schedule clean as members?
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List