View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
South Africa - safaris etc

My friend and I are heading to South Africa in August/September this year and I need some help planning!

We are two girls going together and as such I’m a little wary or safety - any tips you can give me? I feel okay going to super touristy areas and don’t plan to rent a car but is there anywhere we definitely shouldn’t wander into? Is it really as bad as everyone says?

We’re planning to spend 3/4 weeks in Southern Africa staring in South Africa and we’d like to do a safari and see the Victoria falls/devils pool. If we were to visit another country on the trip which one would you recommend?

In terms of safaris - what’s the best option? I’ve been googling for a few days but there’s just so many options I need advice or what you liked and didn’t like. Ideally I’d like a private tour and lodge but I know these could be expensive. I’ve looked at one and for 2 nights and two people food drinks and private tour is $2500 Canadian which I think is great!

But I’m really not sure how to go about booking? I wanted to do Kruger National Park but have seen many other private game reserves too.

What else do you recommend doing in South Africa? By recommended tours?

Thanks!

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List