View Single Post
Old 28 May 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
I appreciate your civil response. There should be scope in this forum (and elsewhere) for civil exchange and I hope you read my post in the spirit it was intended.
Yes, this is the page I recall when applying on 5 June 2008. It is interesting that the CBP have been reluctant to quote a date for this amendment, hence my point that whilst the online form provides an amended implementation of the rule, the implications of this amendment have yet to result in a ruling (in the judicial sense) that existing ESTAs prior to a certain date are invalid.
Likely the DHS/CBP will advise release date for implimentation of travel document match. My personal view, why I refer to 'ruling'; based on discovering ESTA/pp name match exists but, apparently, is currently not enforced, could signify any further ruling is unnecessary. Perhaps it's simply (I know, nothing is simple!) a case of the US now planning to enforce... only they know.

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
The issue is that neither an ESTA granted before the change nor one granted after missing a middle name is invalid as the system will still approve it. People have reported applying for an ESTA recently missing out middle names and they’ve been approved.

Anyway, after all that, I’ve just checked my sisters and it turns out it does have her middle name on it. All that worry for nothing!
Hiya Lisa... some, who didn't complete full given names/load their UK pp onto the ESTA site, are confused as to why ESTA was approved post update. Apparently this is due to the US being unaware of traveller's given names until check-in/pp swipe.

Good news re sisters ESTA