Old 4 Nov 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I’ve really enjoyed your trip report again Abby. I’m always amazed at how much you pack into each day, and how much walking you do.

The air and space museum looks far more interesting than I would have imagined it to be (as I wouldn’t have considered it as my cup of tea) Maybe it’s because it’s interactive.

The Museum of the American Indian looks very much the type of place I would enjoy though, fascinating to learn about different cultures.

Your meals looked really delicious again. I like that you ate at pubs and local places, you certainly had great meals this way.

You were lucky to have the extra space on the return journey. We had a Tui flight from Sanford one year where we had a row of seats each as the flight wasn’t even half full. It was lovely to stretch out 😀
I figure I have to cram it in as we're not going back, with these city breaks it really is a once in a lifetime as there's too much world to see. At the moment the kids don't mind the walking so I'll keep planning it that way until they rebel, or until me and Dave can't cope with the long walks.

I'm like you I was keen to go to the Air and Space as it is considered one of the best museums in DC, but I much preferred the idea of the American Indian museum, this was just so interesting to read about the prevalence in American culture. Although I think the kids preferred the air and space as it had far more interactive elements to it.

I'm glad we did so well with the meals, we got pretty lucky and had quite varied options even if Max did pick burgers most days.

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Another great trip & report I have really enjoyed reading along. Bonus on the business flights! I have now asked my DH to change his Amex card to a BA one

Toronto is a great city, we went with our kids who are the same age as yours and we all had a great time
I'm glad I've inspired you to start building your avios points up and I hope you end up getting to fly business it was an amazing experience.

That's good to know about Toronto, I hope I can save enough points to do business for that trip too, but there are only a few reward seats per flight so they tend to get booked up early. Although I don't think Toronto is as popular as other cities for the reward flights. I originally wanted Orlando, but you have to be so on the ball with those flights and literally book at 1 second after midnight when the flights are released and ad obsessive as I am about trip planning I am not that obsessive.

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Thanks for the report! I really must go to Washington one day! Both museums look fabulous - and even better for being free

I never get lucky on flights - both flights to HK were full!

If you have any questions about Canada do ask! I have done Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City on the eastern side so am full of useless knowledge 😜
You should add Washington to you list of future trips. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Thanks Mel, when (if) I book the flights I'll be picking your brains. I know you like to walk a city too so I'm sure you've got some great tips for us.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List