View Single Post
Old 19 Nov 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

And so, our DxDP journey came to an end with a bit of a whimper, but the dining report isn’t over yet.

DAY 14

We had booked a final lunch at Raglan Road for our departure day and I had planned to go to Earl of Sandwich afterwards to get us some sandwiches for the flight, but, (there’s always a ‘but’ this year!) Granny was flying back home with us and Trish had to return her to our care

She asked our plans and offered to meet us at Disney Springs, but as she had been kind enough to drive to Disney twice already to see us I didn’t think that was fair. She suggested we meet at a Cracker Barrel a few minutes from the airport and we thought this was a great plan, as Cracker Barrel was somewhere else we wanted to try.

Cracker Barrel

You can view their menu here, we arrived just before midday and they were serving both breakfast and lunch. Our minds were blown with all of the options.

I had Chicken BLT - Your choice of our grilled or fried chicken tenderloins topped with Tick-Sliced Bacon, Colby cheese, mayo, lettuce and tomato on seared Sourdough bread

I went for the fried chicken, does anyone choose grilled?! Hmm, this wasn’t great. It was really dry, I had to ask for extra mayo, and the chicken itself was really pants compared to the amazing Disney nuggets, even the Chicken Guy strips were better than these. It was also massive and I had no idea where to even start with eating it.

You could have any side with it and I chose mash which was really nice, but it was touching my sandwich and honestly, I thought I might be sick haha. I couldn’t eat the piece of bread that had the mash on it, in fact I could barely even look at it.

Granny had the Monday-Friday Pick 2 Country Combos - Choose any of the following for 5.99: New Three Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Country House Salad with Grilled Chicken, Cup of Soup, Baked Potato or Sweet Potato

She had the soup, which was potato, I didn’t get a picture of it, it had massive chunks of potatoes in it, and I mean massive, it made me sick of look at it (sorry!), but she ate it all so I am sure it tasted nicer than it looked. And the Grilled Cheese, again she finished this, and said it was nice.

Nik had the Prime Rib French Dip Sandwich Platter - We hope you enjoy Prime Rib that’s roasted slow and served with fresh grilled onions, beef au jus, Swiss Cheese, and Peppercorn Horseradish Sauce on a toasted hoagie bun. It comes with Homestyle Fries or a Cup of Soup, and a sampling of Cole Slaw

Oh, this was good, really, really good. They initially forgot the jus, but the server noticed herself and brought it over. I could eat this right now, it was big enough to share. He had fries with it, but I don’t think he thought much of them.

Mum liked the sound of a few different things so I suggested the Cracker Barrel Sampler -
A hearty sampling of our Chicken n’Dumplins, Meatloaf and sugar cured or country ham. Comes with three country sides and mae-from-scratch Buttermilk Biscuits or Corn Muffins

She was flummoxed by having to choose sides and had fries, green beans, and who knows what else!? The number of things touching each other on this plate is terrifying for me. I don’t think she particularly enjoyed this, comfort food really isn’t her thing.

Trish had the Reuben Sandwich Platter -Tender thin-sliced corn beef piled high, with sauerkraut and lots of melting Swiss cheese served on grilled Rye bread with Thousand Island dressing

Nik and I both tried this, it was really nice and the rye bread held up well and maintained its crispiness.

Granny treated us to lunch so I don’t have a total cost but it was less than $60 for all five of us which is quite eye-opening compared to Disney prices. Every Cracker Barrel restaurant has a kitsch little gift shop and I really enjoyed browsing here, if our luggage wasn’t jam packed I’d have probably picked up a few things. We’ll definitely give CB a try again in future, most likely for breakfast, we enjoyed the theming of the restaurant, it was very reminiscent of Trail’s End.

Due to lack of space in the car Trish took Granny and Mum to the airport leaving Nik and I alone again, we were checked in and through security in record time, I’d never seen it so quiet at MCO! We had the Thomas Cook Priority Package which also allowed us to use the TSA Pre-Check lanes at Security which also helped a bit. We decided to grab something to eat to kill some time.
Outback Steakhouse

For the first time ever, we were actually excited to be going home, we missed our cats, Teddy and Bear enormously and we couldn’t wait to see them. We were in the mood to celebrate!

This was our first ever time at Outback, so I was excited! Unfortunately, I can’t share the menu with you as I didn’t take any photos and the website is blocked in the UK haha.

I had the Sirloin which came with your choice of side, and choice of salad.

I chose the House Salad with Ranch Dressing, this was really nice, especially those croutons!

I chose a baked potato as my side, this would have been perfect if I had remembered to ask for no bacon! I don’t normally eat the skin of the potatoes but the salt sprinkled on this one made it delicious! The steak was great, I am quite good at cooking steak (my dad taught me well!), and this reminded me of my own haha.

Nik wasn’t hungry (unsurprisingly, it was only two hours since our last meal) and ordered some wings.

He said these were the best wings he had ever eaten!

I didn’t note down what this meal cost, but we’ll definitely be back at Outback in the future as I have to try a Bloomin’ Onion!

Edited at 11:02 PM.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List