View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
I am only 41 and didn’t have a prom and remember getting smacked on the hands with a ruler and having the board rubber thrown at me! Back then if you went home and complained to your parents you were also for it at home too!

Same here, 41 this year, not actually getting smacked but definitely witnessed it.
We were told "we are not American" when someone asked about prom and instead made our own leavers party-- majority of schools hit the nightclubs on the friday and they got raided so spent time in the local cellar, we went out the Saturday and were fine haha. Wouldnt dream of letting my kids out at that age but we went out at 7 and were in by 11 all nice and sober.

We used to go away the 2nd or 3rd week in September as this was when my dad could get time off and could afford to go, school never had a problem as we were never off any other time and hardly ill.

We left school in yr11 and did half day on our last day. Then went off on study leave before returning for exams.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List