View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gbr78 View Post
Cryptic title? Yes indeed!

I've been tracking prices for the last few weeks for Easter 2021. Virgin and Tui have been my 'go to' places, and i've posted a couple of times about the prices that they've offered.

I've just this moment tried both of their sites to find the hotels offerings now minimal, with Port Orleans in particular (but many others too) just disappearing from their list of available hotels for our dates. Is this normal as we get closer to Disney releasing their plans? Or have we just shot ourselves in the foot waiting for general release?

There is an explanation for this. The prices you have seen to date were guesses by TUI and Virgin as Disney have not (until about an hour ago) released room allocations to TAs for 2021 bookings.

Disney has just today released rooms and prices to the TAs so I imagine that they are busy determining what their allocation and costs are and putting together the "real" prices, i.e. prices based on facts not the guesstimates that have been advertised previously.

You most definitely have not shot yourself in the foot by waiting, you have done yourself a favour. Had you booked and then they found they didn't get the expected allocation from Disney, they would have had to cancel or change your booking anyway.

Edited at 03:48 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List