View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 17, 04:33 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Day 6 - Snacking around Epcot and Outta Control Comedy Magic show at Wonderworks

Another day and it probably won't surprise you to see that breakfast looked like this:

It's not that we don't like food court breakfasts, more that we like our sleep more! So on days when we're heading out earlier or want to lie in, grabbing breakfast in our room suits us.

Today's lunches consisted of snacking around the world. First stop was Urban Farm Eats where we used 3 snack credits and ordered:
1 x Watermelon Salad with Pickled Onions, B&W Gourmet Farms Baby Arugula, Feta and Balsamic Reduction.
2 x Seared Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Ragoût, Spring Vegetables and Fingerling Potatoes.
A couple of photos of each of these - one as it was presented and one with things moved around a bit to show more of what was included.

This was all absolutely delicious! I'm the only one in the family who eats water melon and I loved this little salad. Everyone agreed that the pork was great too. We'd order both of them again without hesitation

Next was Northern Bloom in Canada. Here I used 1QS credit in exchange for 3 snacks and we got:
Seared Scallops with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette and Apple wood Smoked Bacon.
Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables.
Maple Popcorn Shake (non-alcoholic) - sorry about the photo but Brodie drank most of this before I started taking photos.

I don't eat seafood so Andy had the scallops and said they were really good and still tender. Izzy wanted to try them but her aversion to anything smoked meant they were a no go due to the smoked bacon on them. I ate the beef, which could have been more tender, but the sauce was tasty, mash smooth and carrot a welcome vegetable The milkshake was really good and Brodie happily devoured it and would definitely have it again, as would Andy with the scallops. The beef was nice enough, but I wouldn't go back for more.

Our next stop was in England, but not for the food booth. It was our annual stop at the Yorkshire fish and chip shop for Brodie as he loves the fish there. I used 1QS credit and got a portion of fish and chips with a bottle of water. I forgot to photograph this, so the photo is courtesy of the Disney Food Blog, and looks the same as ours did.

Brodie ate the fish with lashings of ketchup and Izzy and Andy ate the chips. So nice to be able to get a proper chunky chip in America

By now Izzy was chomping at the bit to get to France and order another portion of the chicken and crawfish dish we had a couple of days ago. We used 2 snack credits and ordered:
Poulet aux Écrevisses, Riz Pilaf: Baked Chicken with Crawfish served with Rice Pilaf.
Macaron Chocolat Framboise: Large Raspberry Macaron with Chocolate Fudge and Raspberry Jam.

Izzy devoured this again and wouldn't let anyone else near it. A definite hit with her. Andy and I shared the macaron. The chocolate ganache filing was really smooth and rich, but I couldn't taste the raspberry at all. Andy said he could really taste the raspberry so I guess I gave him the half with the blob of raspberry jam in it

Afterwards we treated ourselves to ice creams from L'Artisan des Glaces. I used 4 snack credits and we got:
Me - Waffle cone with a single scoop of salted caramel ice cream.
Andy - Strawberry and vanilla ice cream macaron.
Izzy - Waffle cone with mixed berry sorbet.
Brodie - Waffle cone with vanilla ice cream.

Not much to say here except that everything was really good

Back at CBR, the kids wanted a drink and snack, so we used 1QS credit and got them a pack of pretzels, pack of plain Lays and bottle of water.

Dinner was at the Outta Control Comedy Magic show at Wonderworks. It includes unlimited salad, pizza, soft drinks, wine and beer, plus dessert. As Izzy doesn't eat pizza, they did her a portion of chicken nuggets and fries, but I forgot to photograph them, as well as the brownie style dessert. They both came out while the show was on and I was enjoying that too much - especially once the children volunteered Andy to help out on stage. So funny!
Salad and pizza looked like this:

I was pleased to see the salad wasn't dressed and they had a tasty creamy style dressing available on the side. It was a fairly basic salary, but nice and fresh. The pizza was good, but could have done with a slightly thicker base as you had to eat it with your hands and it was quite floppy. Tasty though I wasn't a fan if the brownie style dessert as I could teste cinnamon which I can't stand. Everyone else was happy enough though.

That's it for food today. Not really sure what tomorrow will bring food wise as the only firm plans we have is an evening at Magic Kingdom. I'm thinking maybe a visit to Disney Springs, but I'll see how everyone feels in the morning.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 04:35 AM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List