View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
If you consider Dollar, don't forget to factor in their toll system ($52.49 per week) as many of the tolls in Miami are cashless.

Alamo will hold your reservation for 24 hours (unofficially its 48). So there shouldn't be an issue with collecting it the following morning if you prefer to stay in the airport hotel. If you're not used to driving in the US I wouldn't really advise getting off a plane and then driving out of Miami airport in the dark. You're straight on to busy expressways and highways.

Well that has made up my mind about Dollar! We have hired with them twice previously with no problems but after using Alamo this year we decided we would always go with them if possible. And we have never used cashless tolls so that makes me a bit nervous .. This will be our 6th time in Florida so used to driving (well, my husband is!) but agree we might not want to drive that far in the dark. Will have to think about that but if they hold the reservation that gives us a bit more flexibility.

I did have a look at your prices by the way as you are so helpful on here, but I believe our dates are peak time (18th July - 1st August) so think there is a higher cost with Alamo?
legolass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List