View Single Post
Old 1 Jan 18, 05:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

SoCal Christmas 2017: Day 9 San Diego - Shopping and Beach

Whilst I was awake at 5.30am, the others didn't wake up until about 7am! We had our usual breakfast! Creatures of habit!

F asked if we could go shopping - Fashion Valley Mall seemed the closest!

It took about 15 minutes to drive there. We arrived at 10am - which is when they opened!

We seemed to have arrived at the posh end - all those shops that we have zero interest in

The kids did well - F found 3 hoodies in Pink and Hollister, two track pants and a pair of jeans. O found three t-shirts in Hollister.

Me - as usual - nothing. I am such a bad shopper!

We weren't that impressed with the mall! But we are picky

We headed back to Pacific Beach to eat - Chipostle was the restaurant of choice. Three of us had veggie burritos. They were delicious but difficult to eat!

F had a cheese quesadilla but she didn't like it so got some tortilla chips and guacamole. Total cost was about $30.

We headed then to an ice cream shop - they did flights of ice cream cones which seemed fun! But we had sundaes. I had a Christmas mint oreo ice cream one. It was lovely but filling!

As the Goodwill shop was next door we went in. You often see Goodwill stores selling American Girl dolls on eBay.

To F's amazement they had a retired AG horse - Picasso. For the princely sum of $6. We bought it!

We have since looked online and they go on eBay for about $80-300 Goodness knows how we will get it home though!

We then headed down to the beach. It was a lot busier today in PB - lots of sports bars were full with American Football being the crowd puller. And,of course, it was new Year's Eve!

The fish went down onto the beach to body board and I went on the pier.

There are actually cottages on the pier - the inhabitants can even drive their cars to outside their cottage - though goodness knows how you turn the car around! Cool place to stay though!

There were Christmas wreaths all long the sides of the pier. All advertising something

There were quite a lot of people fishing at the end of the pier. Not sure they were catching anything or just getting away from their other halfs!

The three body boarders surfed until about 5pm. The kids are loving this! It was such the right decision to book somewhere near the beach. J likes the beach as he feels it is safe in terms of undercurrents!

They were pretty much the last ones in the water as usual!

Back at the apartment showers were had.

Dinner was scrambled egg on toast (we live such s highlife )

We then headed out to Starbucks for a hot chocolate followed by a visit to CVS where we got hair colour spray, face masks, half price chocolate for J's office (my lot hate American chocolate do I don't bother ) and some oil for J's beard!

Back in, Harry Potter is on and I can't see us making midnight!

Happy New Year!

Edited at 06:16 AM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List