View Single Post
Old 9 May 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by janineo View Post
I've just booked Villages Natures Paris for the October half term (28th Oct -1st Nov), for myself, hubby and two daughters (5 & 7).

It's been over ten years since I've visited DLP (with my sister) and we used Eurostar on that occasion.

This time we're taking the car, and trying to decide the best way to cross the Channel.
I'm leaning towards EuroTunnel, because I get seasick.
But it's significantly more expensive - £40 more for a return trip at the moment.

The ferry will also provide a longer break in the journey - we live about 2hrs drive away from Folkestone/Dover. My children will also enjoy it more, as there will be more space to move around, and things to see.

So, is there anything I can do to help with the seasickness? Or do I pay the extra for the eurotunnel? Do they ever have deals or sales?

Thanks,
Janine
Do you have any Tesco clubcard points? We’ve used the ferry and the train, but we prefer the quicker train journey (we just walk up and down the train to stretch our legs.) It’s cheaper for us to use our Tesco vouchers for the train - we’ve always paid for the entire journey with vouchers, as we never use them for anything else. (In fact, I’ve just realised that I’ve probably just let some unused points expire since it’s nearly a year since our last trip! I really should look at using them for other things!)
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List